You know what a natural gas tankless water heater is. Right? Propane tankless water heater functions in the same way, but the fuel used is propane gas. It saves a lot of energy are is eco-friendlier as compared to electric tankless types. If you are looking to buy one for your house or commercial space or have any difficulty in choosing the best propane tankless water heater then go through the reviews, we have collected for you so far.
Best Propane Tankless Water Heaters Reviews for the Users
Below are some of the best reviews of tankless propane water heaters. Go through them and arrive at the right decision before buying any of them.
1. Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Indoor Tankless Water Heater
This Takagi tankless water heater belongs to T-KJr2 series and is one of the hot selling products in the market. It works both with natural and propane gas.
- Good Flow Rate: It can provide water for two bathrooms and one kitchen faucet with a decent flow rate of 6.6gpm. The flow rate might drop a bit to 3-5 gallons per minute in colder areas.
- Light Weight & Compact: This heating machine is light in weight and compact in design if we compare it with all products in Takagi line. It can be installed easily in your house.
- 150+ Fahrenheit Temperature: The water temperature of the machine reaches to over 150 Fahrenheit, meeting the water needs of a mid-sized house perfectly. The temperature can be controlled using remote, but you need to buy its remote controller.
- Digital remote Control.
- Light weight and Compact.
- Require minimal maintenance.
- Requires power input of 140000 BTU per hour and deliver energy efficiency of 81%.
- 10 years warranty.
- Easy to install.
- Makes noise while working.
- You need to buy remote controller separately.
2. Rinnai RL94iP Propane Tankless Water Heater
Rinnai propane tankless water heater is appreciated for its delicate design and large flow rate. This unit can be used for 30 years without much maintenance.
- Large Flow Rate: This propane water heater from Rinnai is capable of delivering extremely large flow rate of 9.4gpm to meet the demand of a big house having 3-4 bathrooms. The flow rate might drop in colder areas and the machine can satisfy the hot water needs of just 2-3 bathrooms.
- Direct Power Venting: A coaxial pipe is used with this unit to prevent the air emitted during heating of water to get inside the house. This is called direct powered venting. Due to the closed system of design, no col or warn air can enter inside the machine from outside after the machine is switched off.
- No Standby Heat Loss: It uses smart technology to ensure that the water is heated only when you need it. Therefore, no standby heat loss occurs when there is no requirement. This makes it the most energy efficient and money-saver heater.
- It is highly efficient.
- There is no smell from the direct vent.
- No standby heat loss occurs.
- It has a long service life.
- The modulated burning allows lesser fuel consumption.
- It is more powerful than most of the propane tankless water heaters.
- Cold water sandwich.
3. Rheem RTG-95XLP Outdoor Tankless Propane Water Heater
This propane tankless water heater is best for mid-sized families. The outdoor installation frees it from the trouble of installing venting kits.
- Large Flow Rate: It can support multiple bathrooms and kitchen faucets meeting the hot water needs simultaneously as it is capable of delivering the flow rate of 9.5gpm. The flow rate barely drops in colder areas.
- Highly Energy Efficient: Its power consumption ranges from 11000 to 199900 BTU per hour, delivering a thermal efficiency of 82%. The freeze protection technology used in its designs helps the machine to work flawlessly in colder areas. But manufacturers still suggest using in warmer places.
- 120 F Temperature: The maximum temperature reaches to 120 Fahrenheit that can be raised to 140 F with a minute change in the remote control. You need to buy its remote separately.
- It is one of the most powerful tankless gas water heaters available.
- It works perfectly for complete house.
- It comes with freeze protection equipment.
- It comes with two gas options – propane or natural gas.
- It works on electronic ignition.
- Professional assistance is required for installation.
- You need to buy remote control separately.
4. Camplux Outdoor Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
It is one of the best portable propane tankless water heater and its price is also less as compared to other whole house type water heaters.
- Low Flow Rate: As it is a portable tankless water heater, the flow rate is 1.32 gallons per minute. It can be used for travel purposes. This heating machine can meet your demands of producing hot water for cooking or washing the face etc. The water pressure required is just 2.5 PSI.
- Easy to Operate: There are two buttons on this machine – one is for gas control while the other one is for water flow control. You can turn it on and off quickly for controlling the water flow.
- High Quality Product: The material used in manufacturing this product is of fine quality. The heat exchanger is made from stainless steel and the water tank with copper. It is highly heat resistance and corrosion resistance. The maximum temperature raises to 114.6 Fahrenheit while the minimum is 46.4 F.
- It requires low water pressure.
- It is compact in size for outdoor use.
- It has easy control buttons.
- It is anti-frozen device equipped.
- It is heat resistance and corrosion resistance.
- It can only be used for travel purposes.
5. Eccotemp FVI-12 Liquid Propane Tankless Water Heater
If you are looking for a tankless water heater for your small home, then this propane water heater without a tank is the perfect choice to make.
- Low Flow Rate: It is suited for just one bathroom and one kitchen faucet and can deliver a small flow rate of 3.6 gallons per minute only. It is not at all suitable for a big house or even a mid-sized house.
- Electric Ignition System: It makes use of safe electronic ignition system and is required to be plugged into a standard 120v electrical outlet with the UL-list cord.
- Digital Temperature Display: The error codes and temperatures are shown on its digital display screen. One knob is set to control the water temperature while the one is there to control the usage of gas. Both of these knobs need to adjusted for a suitable temperature.
- It is compact in save and space-saving in design.
- It is highly energy efficient.
- It is easy to install.
- Perfect device for a small house.
- Makes sound while working.
- It’s not easy to adjust the water temperature.
Which are the Best Portable Propane Tankless Water Heaters?
We all know that portable tankless propane water heaters are best for the outdoor usage and travel camping. They are light in weight and can be carried just anywhere you want to carry them. Below are the two best portable propane water heaters without tank that we will like to recommend you.
- Camplux Outdoor Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
- Eccotemp FVI-12 Liquid Propane Tankless Water Heater
What is a Propane Tankless Water Heater?
As the name suggests, a propane tankless water heater is a heating machine that is powered by propane. It can also be termed as liquid propane tankless water heater or propane gas tankless water heater. You need proper venting facilities to ensure that the gas produced doesn’t enter inside your house. Also, make sure that the machine is installed safely.
The Best Features of Propane Tankless Water Heaters
1. Clean Water Offered
In case of a tank water heater, a specific amount of water is stored in the tank for heating. The tank gest corroded in long run and thus the water offered is not as clean as it must be. In case of propane tankless water heater system, you get clean hot water for both bathing and hand washing as it is tankless and water heated directly comes from the pipes.
2. Instant Hot Water Supply
One of the reasons why people are moving towards the installation of propane tankless water heaters is the constant hot water supply. You never have to worry of running out of hot water in bathing. You get hot water instantaneously in just few minutes.
3. Long Service Life
You will be amazed to know that most of the high-quality propane tankless water heaters last for around twenty years while the tank heaters last no longer than 10-12 years. Thus, a lot of money is saved in replacement.
4. Less Pollution
As the major source of generating power is liquid propane for the tankless propane water heaters, it omits less pollution. Propane is a clean fuel.
5. Space Saver
The propane tankless water heater is smaller and occupies smaller area as compared to the water heater with tank. The tiny homes can install it just anywhere.
6. Save Money
You should know that the propane water heater heats only when the hot water is needed. Also, the waiting time for hot water to come is very less as compare to 20-30 minutes in case of tank water heaters. Therefore, it saves a large amount of money on heating bills and water bills every month.
Electric Tankless Water Heater vs Propane Tankless Water Heater
|Electric Tankless Water Heater||Propane Tankless Water Heater|
|Pros||1. Flexibility on Installation Spots
2. No Worry of Pipeline or Ventilation
3. Easy Installation
4. Don’t Emit Carbon Dioxide
|1. Low using costs
2. Energy Efficient
4. More powerful
|Cons||1. Need Constant Maintenance
2. Using Cost can be high
3. Less Powerful
|1. Need Ventilation
2. Expensive on upfront costs
3. Difficult to installation
Best Propane Tankless Water Heaters you can Consider Buying
- Best Mid-sized Family Type Heater – Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Tankless Water Heater
- Tankless Water Heater with Large Flow Rate – Rheem RTG-95XLP Tankless Water Heater
- Best Portable Water Heater for Travel Purpose – Camplux Outdoor Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater
Types of Propane Tankless Water Heaters
The propane tankless water heaters can be classified into different types – portable, indoor, outdoor, whole house and condensing type.
1. Portable Tankless Water Heater
These types of water heaters are designed for small homes or travel use only. They are light in weight and can be carried during your travel of camping activities. The flow rate of these portable tankless water heaters is small. They support a single bathroom or a kitchen faucet only at a time. It can also be used in your recreational vehicle. If you have interest in this type of heating machine that can be used during your travel then we have written detailed portable tankless water heater reviews for you. You can easily get some of the best information their itself.
2. Indoor & Outdoor Propane Tankless Water Heater
For an indoor propane tankless water heater, you need to install the venting facilities to ensure that the gas produced goes out from the house. In case of outdoor propane tankless water heater, you need freeze protection system to protect the machine from severe weather conditions in cold climate. Installing these water heaters is not at all an easy job. In case you face any difficulty while installation, you need to take the professional aid. The installation is largely related to the working performance of the heating machine. You can read our best outdoor propane tankless water heater reviews to learn more.
3. Small Propane Tankless Water Heaters
The small tankless propane water heaters are normally used in tiny homes. They are compact in design and occupies a smaller area of your house. Also, the flow rate of such water heaters is quite low, reaching up to 3 gallons per minute.
If your home is crowded or need a small heating device to support one bathroom or a kitchen faucet, choosing a small propane tankless water heater can be a wise choice. You can read through the best small propane water heater reviews to explore more about them.
4. Condensing Propane Tankless Water Heater
You know that a lost of gas is wasted in case of natural gas or propane gas tankless water heater and gas is emitted outside the home trough venting devices. The condensing propane tankless water heaters will help you save much energy and reduce the gas emission. The less amount of carbon dioxide is released in atmosphere. Some of these machines are designed with low NOx so that less amount of Carbon Dioxide is produced.
5. Whole House Tankless Water Heater
The whole house tankless propane water heaters are designed to support the hot water supply of entire house. So, the flow rate is larger in this case to supply the hot water simultaneously in multiple bathrooms and kitchen faucets. You need to consider a lot of factors while choosing the whole house water heaters. Go through our best whole house propane tankless water heater reviews and get to know more about these heaters.
Factors to Consider while Choosing the Best Propane Tankless Water Heaters
You need to be wiser while choosing the best propane tankless water heaters for you house. There are few factors that are must to be considered while choosing propane tankless water heaters.
You should know what the average temperature in the area you are living is, and accordingly judge what is the best fit for your requirement and how much maximum temperature you will need. Most of the propane heaters without a tank reaches to 140 Fahrenheit, but the temperature drops in colder areas.
You should think if you need a large or a small propane tankless water heater. If you have a large house and good budget, you can consider whole house water heater. While if you are travelling, you will need a portable propane tankless water heater to your aid.
3. Flow Rate
Different home requires different type of water heaters having different flow rate. For a tiny home having one bathroom, a water heater with 3gpm flow rate will do while a large home with 3-4 bathrooms, a propane tankless water heater with 9 gallons per minute flow rate will be required. Besides this, you need to estimate the average water requirement each day at specified time and then only you can choose the best machine.
4. Energy Efficiency
The high energy efficient propane tankless water heaters save you much more money as less amount of gas is wasted. Moreover, they are eco-friendly and environment-friendly as well.
5. Safety Features
The safety of a propane tankless water heater is one of the most important things to be considered. Most of the water heaters are designed with a self-protection system. They come up with features like freeze protection and self-diagnostic. These features are capable of protecting the machine in adverse situations by stopping it automatically.
6. Price & Warranty
It is another important factor that should influence your buying decision. Budget is something that you should consider. Decide a budget and then only start searching for the heaters in your range. Also check for the warranty. Most of them will offer you 10-12 years of warranty on the heating parts which can even reach to 15 years. But they can effectively be used for over 20 years if they are maintained properly.
The propane tankless water heaters are more energy efficient and saves you great amount of money. Some of them are available in both propane and natural gas variant. If you are not having a gas pipeline or want a cheaper substitute to natural gas, then propane water heaters are the best ones.
Below are the three best-picks of all
|Propane Tankless Water Heaters||Type|
|Takagi T-KJr2-IN-LP Tankless Water Heater||Best Mid-sized Family Type Heater|
|Rheem RTG-95XLP Tankless Water Heater||Tankless Water Heater with Large Flow Rate|
|Camplux Outdoor Portable Propane Tankless Water Heater||Best Portable Water Heater for Travel Purpose|
If you wish to learn more about propane tankless water heaters or want to buy the heaters from best brands, go to amazon.